Undertrial escapes, five cops suspended in Haryana
Rewari: An undertrial, who was taken to a hospital at Narnaul in Haryana`s Mahendergarh district after he complained of chest pain, escaped from police custody and five cops were suspended in this connection.
Sunder Lal, facing trial in a murder case and lodged in district jail Nasibpur, escaped on Saturday, police said here on Monday.
Five policemen, including a sub-inspector, escorting the undertrial, were placed under suspension.
Lal complained of chest pain was taken to the civil hospital at Narnaul for a check up in a van, police said.
Soon after the check up, he managed to escape on a motorcycle, they said.
The escapee, a resident of Jhajjar district, was also involved in several cases in Mehendergarh district, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...