VC Shukla critical but stable
Gurgaon: Veteran Congress leader VC Shukla, who was injured in the Chhattisgarh Maoist ambush, has not shown any signs of improvement and remains in a critical but stable state.
"He is still critical but stable. No signs of improvement were noticed during the last 24 hours. We are still observing the impact of antibiotics on his body," A K Dubey, Medical Superintendent of Medanta Hospital, told reporters today.
84-year-old Shukla was airlifted to Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon from Raipur on Sunday.
Maoists had ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district on Saturday, killing 27 people including senior Congress leader Mahendra Karma, and injuring Shukla and 31 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?