VC Shukla critical but stable
Gurgaon: Veteran Congress leader VC Shukla, who was injured in the Chhattisgarh Maoist ambush, has not shown any signs of improvement and remains in a critical but stable state.
"He is still critical but stable. No signs of improvement were noticed during the last 24 hours. We are still observing the impact of antibiotics on his body," A K Dubey, Medical Superintendent of Medanta Hospital, told reporters today.
84-year-old Shukla was airlifted to Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon from Raipur on Sunday.
Maoists had ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district on Saturday, killing 27 people including senior Congress leader Mahendra Karma, and injuring Shukla and 31 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?