Vested elements trying to break me down psychologically: Khemka
Chandigarh: Senior IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who had kicked up a political storm alleging irregularities in businessman Robert Vadra-DLF land deals, on Thursday alleged that vested elements were at work to mentally harass him and break him down psychologically.
"They want to harass me. They want to break me down psychologically," the 1991-batch IAS officer alleged.
He claimed that vested elements had the support of some mandarins in the government as he had exposed alleged land scams during his previous postings.
The officer also referred to the complaint lodged against him by the kin of an employee, who was allegedly dismissed by him during one of his postings six years back.
The kin had recently complained to the DGP that her husband had gone missing and may have attempted suicide.
Later, Khemka had sought an in-depth probe to find out if a conspiracy was being hatched by some elements to provoke people to lodge complaint against him.
"The complaint was lodged saying I was responsible for the man having gone missing...They (the elements are behind this and) want to break my morale and want to shatter me," he alleged.
After cancelling the mutation of the land deal, he had received a number of threat calls, Khemka said.
Khemka, who is currently posted as Managing Director of the Haryana Seed Development Corporation (HSDC), today held a meeting under heavy police security at Panchkula with the union employees of the department in the wake of allegations against some employees regarding seed theft and other issues.
The meeting, during which 30-35 Haryana police constables were deployed by the government for security, and which also saw presence of some mediapersons, was held in a cordial atmosphere, the IAS officer said.
He said that he had on January 31 written a letter to Chief Secretary P K Chaudhery, Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, Chattar Singh and HSDC Chairman and Principal Secretary (Agriculture) Roshan Lal bringing to their notice that he had information that some union leaders (of HSDC) were likely to create trouble for personal reasons as some office bearers had been charge-sheeted for theft.
He had mentioned that as per the feedback he had got, he might be attacked and harmed if security was not provided for today`s meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- World Cup winning coach Luiz Felipe Scolari wants to succeed Roy Hodgson as new England manager
- Another jolt to BSP, senior party leader RK Chaudhary also accuses Mayawati of auctioning election ticket
- Gold price up Rs 100 at Rs 30,350 per ten grams; silver tops Rs 43k level
- Vadra should be prosecuted for alleged suicide, if it was assisted, of his father: Subramanian Swamy
- Sachin Tendulkar's latest tweet proves that wherever he goes, India follows - See pic inside!