Villagers confine 5 discom staffers for erratic power supply
Rewari: Irked over "erratic" power supply, villagers on Saturday held five electricity distribution corporation (discom) employees hostage for several hours at Beedawas village of Bawal subdivision.
The residents of Beedawas, Khijoori, Badhoj and two other neighbouring villages confined the employees when they had gone there for repair. The villagers demanded direct linkage of their power line to the Bawal feeder.
Expressing resentment at the alleged lackadaisical approach of Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitaran Nigam (DHBVN) staffers, the residents said they had been suffering due to "extremely poor supply" of power for a long time.
DHBVN`s Sub-Divisional Officer Dewan Chand, who reached the spot late in the afternoon, accepted the villagers` demands and freed the confined employees.
The employees are two junior engineers Ved Prakash and Mohan Lal, and three linemen Lal Chand, Chhatar Pal and Sube Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account