Villagers in Rourkela go on dharna after Maoist threat
Rourkela: Residents of five villages who
left their homes following Maoist threats today went on a
dharna in K.balang town in Orissa`s Sundergarh district.
The villagers of Mahupada, Langalakata, Jharbeda,
Sanbalijore and Rehlatur in Koida block were threatened to
cooperate or face death penalty by the Maoists, police sources
The threat came after the village heads including ward
members and local sarapanch approached the Bonai sub-collector
with the complaint that Maoists assaulted a 45-year-old man,
Harekrushna Singh, of Mahupada village suspecting him to be a
police informer, on Thursday night, the sources said.
SDPO, Bonai, Sudarshan Sethi, who rushed to K.Balang
along with additional forces last night said
the villagers were assured of security and steps were being
taken to persuade them to return home.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor