Villagers say no to schools over lack of security
Rewari: Residents of as many as six villages of Mahendergarh district have decided not to send their children to schools until police ensured adequate security.
The decision was taken on Friday at a panchayat of elders of six villages of the district which was held at Pal village over an incident of alleged molestation of a 17-year-old girl.
The number of school-going children of these six villages is around 400, including 200 girls.
Residents of Nihalawas, Pal, Gadania, Pleh, Kuksi and Khedki villages have also sought the arrest of the two absconding youths who molested the teenage girl.
According to the complaint filed by the victim`s father, the girl, a student of class XII and a resident of Nihalawas village, was allegedly molested by three youths when she was returning home from school.
Police said a case of molestation has been registered against the accused identified as Ashok, Manoj and Jagmohan, all three residents of Berawas village.
Ashok has been arrested while the remaining two are absconding, police said.
Following the decision, SP (Mahendergarh) Simardeep Singh along with other senior police officials visited Nihalawas village on Saturday and assured locals that their daughters and sons would be provided proper security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'