Vitamin A controversy: 12 Haryana girls hospitalised again
Sirsa: Days after nearly 100 schoolgirls fell ill on being administered a Vitamin A dose, 12 of them were re-admitted to a hospital with the same symptoms in Haryana`s Sirsa district, an official said.
"The girls complained of nausea, vomiting and uneasiness. We are providing them the best medical facilities," Bhushan Garg, a medical officer of Sirsa, said Sunday.
Nearly 100 girls had complained of stomach ache, vomiting and uneasiness Aug 27 after being given Vitamin A by the state health department. It had administered the drops to 148 students. The girls were rushed to a hospital and were discharged Aug 29.
Twelve of the 100 girls developed the same symptoms Saturday evening and were admitted to a civil hospital here. The victims are students of the Government Middle School in Kalanwali town.
The parents of the girls were unhappy over the indifferent attitude of the health authorities.
"Our daughter fell ill last week after she was given some sub-standard Vitamin A medicine. Still she is not well. We want a thorough probe into this incident," said an agitated parent.
O.P. Hooda, civil surgeon of Sirsa, said: "We have sent the samples of the medicine to a Delhi-based laboratory to ascertain its quality. If anything wrong is noticed in the medicine, then strict action will be taken against the guilty."
"In the meantime, we have suggested postponing the administration of the vitamin A drug programme in the district," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17