Wanted man lynched by mob near Gurgaon
Gurgaon: A criminal carrying a Rs 1 lakh reward for his arrest was beaten to death by a mob in Saidpur village near this Haryana industrial town and his brother was admitted to a Delhi hospital in a critical condition, police said on Monday.
The man was identified as Harischand, 45, of village Mandothi in district Jhajjar of Haryana. He was wanted in more than a dozen cases of murder, attempt to murder and extortion.
His brother Sanjeev, who also has Rs 1 lakh reward on his head, was injured in the fight on Sunday night and has been admitted to Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi.
Two other criminals accompanying the two were identified as Ajit Singh and Kamlesh.
Three locally-made pistols and over a dozen cartridges, media and police identity cards along with VVIP car parking stickers were found in the Santro car the criminals were using.
The clash started when villagers stopped the vehicle for checking during what they called the community night watch. The criminals opened fire on the crowd. Two villagers were also injured in the incident, said a police officer. Further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees