Was beaten by police in presence of Rathore: Ruchika`s brother
New Delhi: In a chilling account of the days when Haryana police officials in connivance with former state DGP S P S Rathore targeted Ruchika Girotra`s family, her
brother Ashu had said that he was mercilessly beaten inside a police station in the presence of senior police official.
"They tortured me. My hands were tied on my back and I was made to bend. My feet was tied with a weight. I was kept in this position for 10-15 minutes," Ashu, who was about 20 years old at that time said in his statement before the sessions court of Patiala on September 3, 2002.
Ashu submitted before the court that when it became unbearable for him he started crying and was brought down by the policemen, who kept abusing him in the process.
"After some time S P S Rathore also came there and sat down. He asked the police officials as to whether they have served (punished) me. They told Rathore that they will still torture me more," he informed the court.
He was giving an account of what happened inside the CIA police post in Mansa Devi where he was kept after being picked up by plain clothes men on October 23, 1993.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court, taking a suo-motu action, had directed the sessions court to inquire into the allegations made by Ashu before it. The statement was recorded
by the sessions court as part of the inquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?