Water conservation: Har panchayats to get awards
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has instituted awards to honour village panchayats for their achievements in conservation of water.
A campaign will also be launched to make children aware of water conservation from an early age, Haryana Public Health Engineering Minister Kiran Choudhry said here today.
The awards will be given as one time untied grant, she said.
Choudhry said 2011 was observed as ‘Water Conservation Year’ by the state government.
The Minister said at the first meeting of the Haryana Water Supply and Sewerage Board here yesterday, Rs 2359.20 crore were approved for upgradation of water supply and sewerage works in urban and rural areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves