Water conservation: Har panchayats to get awards
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has instituted awards to honour village panchayats for their achievements in conservation of water.
A campaign will also be launched to make children aware of water conservation from an early age, Haryana Public Health Engineering Minister Kiran Choudhry said here today.
The awards will be given as one time untied grant, she said.
Choudhry said 2011 was observed as ‘Water Conservation Year’ by the state government.
The Minister said at the first meeting of the Haryana Water Supply and Sewerage Board here yesterday, Rs 2359.20 crore were approved for upgradation of water supply and sewerage works in urban and rural areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray