Water conservation: Har panchayats to get awards
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has instituted awards to honour village panchayats for their achievements in conservation of water.
A campaign will also be launched to make children aware of water conservation from an early age, Haryana Public Health Engineering Minister Kiran Choudhry said here today.
The awards will be given as one time untied grant, she said.
Choudhry said 2011 was observed as ‘Water Conservation Year’ by the state government.
The Minister said at the first meeting of the Haryana Water Supply and Sewerage Board here yesterday, Rs 2359.20 crore were approved for upgradation of water supply and sewerage works in urban and rural areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Acute Zika infection may damage sensory nerves
- Day after being sacked as AAP's Punjab convener, Sucha Singh Chhotepur calls for CBI probe
- Coal scam: Ex-Coal Secy says, don't want advocate whose fee I cannot pay; will face trial from jail
- Japan PM pledges to invest $ 30 billion in Africa by 2018
- Kedar Jadhav, Shreyas Iyer power India A to easy six-wicket win