Water conservation: Har panchayats to get awards
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has instituted awards to honour village panchayats for their achievements in conservation of water.
A campaign will also be launched to make children aware of water conservation from an early age, Haryana Public Health Engineering Minister Kiran Choudhry said here today.
The awards will be given as one time untied grant, she said.
Choudhry said 2011 was observed as ‘Water Conservation Year’ by the state government.
The Minister said at the first meeting of the Haryana Water Supply and Sewerage Board here yesterday, Rs 2359.20 crore were approved for upgradation of water supply and sewerage works in urban and rural areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city