Water conservation: Har panchayats to get awards
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has instituted awards to honour village panchayats for their achievements in conservation of water.
A campaign will also be launched to make children aware of water conservation from an early age, Haryana Public Health Engineering Minister Kiran Choudhry said here today.
The awards will be given as one time untied grant, she said.
Choudhry said 2011 was observed as ‘Water Conservation Year’ by the state government.
The Minister said at the first meeting of the Haryana Water Supply and Sewerage Board here yesterday, Rs 2359.20 crore were approved for upgradation of water supply and sewerage works in urban and rural areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why