Where is corruption in Haryana, Hooda asks opposition parties
New Delhi: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Tuesday slammed opposition parties for trying to "mislead" people on the issue of corruption and claimed that there is no corruption in the state.
"In 2005, when I became the Chief Minister, I had said that though constitutionally I am Chief Minister, but in fact I am the chief servant of people," Hooda said here.
He was addressing a meeting of Congress `sarpanches` and representatives of Panchyati Raj institutions of the districts adjacent to the national capital.
The chief minister said opposition parties are holding rallies at various places to show their strength.
"Some say that they will eliminate corruption from Haryana. But the question is, where is corruption. Everybody knows, who was the father of corruption in Haryana," Hooda said.
Attacking the previous state government, Hooda said,"We have strengthened panchayats by giving them more powers. But the earlier government did nothing for the development of villages.
"My government increased the compensation amount of land of farmers for KMP Expressway from Rs 160 crore to Rs 650 crore. About 20 lakh school children of BPL and other poor families are being given scholarships of Rs 75 to Rs 600 in the state."
Taking on the opposition, he said the opposition parties are holding rallies to mislead people. "You are the elected representatives of the people. You should ensure that they are not misled," Hoodal told the village representatives.
Besides Hooda, Haryana Pradesh Congress president Phool Chand Mulana and Rohtak MP Deepender Singh Hooda also addressed the rally at Gohana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical