Where is corruption in Haryana, Hooda asks opposition parties
New Delhi: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Tuesday slammed opposition parties for trying to "mislead" people on the issue of corruption and claimed that there is no corruption in the state.
"In 2005, when I became the Chief Minister, I had said that though constitutionally I am Chief Minister, but in fact I am the chief servant of people," Hooda said here.
He was addressing a meeting of Congress `sarpanches` and representatives of Panchyati Raj institutions of the districts adjacent to the national capital.
The chief minister said opposition parties are holding rallies at various places to show their strength.
"Some say that they will eliminate corruption from Haryana. But the question is, where is corruption. Everybody knows, who was the father of corruption in Haryana," Hooda said.
Attacking the previous state government, Hooda said,"We have strengthened panchayats by giving them more powers. But the earlier government did nothing for the development of villages.
"My government increased the compensation amount of land of farmers for KMP Expressway from Rs 160 crore to Rs 650 crore. About 20 lakh school children of BPL and other poor families are being given scholarships of Rs 75 to Rs 600 in the state."
Taking on the opposition, he said the opposition parties are holding rallies to mislead people. "You are the elected representatives of the people. You should ensure that they are not misled," Hoodal told the village representatives.
Besides Hooda, Haryana Pradesh Congress president Phool Chand Mulana and Rohtak MP Deepender Singh Hooda also addressed the rally at Gohana.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Alastair Cook on verge of breaking Sachin Tendulkar's historic record in Tests
- 73% Indian employees expect promotion in next 12 months
- 2,508 cities selected under PM's scheme for affordable housing
- NEET 2016: From schedule to state governments' position to results announcement - All you need to know
- Twitter launches 'Connect' to help you find friends