Widespread rain lashes Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Widespread rainfall on Thursday lashed most parts of Punjab and Haryana, plummeting the day temperature sharply and easing out humid conditions in the region.
While Narnaul in Haryana received 78 mm rainfall, Amritsar was drenched by 44.8 mm rains, Met officials said.
Besides, Hisar had 37.4 mm rains followed by 9.6 mm at Bhiwani, 4.3 mm at Rohtak, 4 mm at Ludhiana, 3.2 mm at Patiala and 0.3 mm at Chandigarh.
The day temperature fell up to five points below normal at many places in the region.
Amritsar settled at a high of 34.2 deg C, followed by 33.6 deg C in Chandigarh, 32.6 deg C in Ludhiana, 32.5 deg C in Patiala and 32 deg C in Ambala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year