Widespread rain lashes Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Widespread rainfall on Thursday lashed most parts of Punjab and Haryana, plummeting the day temperature sharply and easing out humid conditions in the region.
While Narnaul in Haryana received 78 mm rainfall, Amritsar was drenched by 44.8 mm rains, Met officials said.
Besides, Hisar had 37.4 mm rains followed by 9.6 mm at Bhiwani, 4.3 mm at Rohtak, 4 mm at Ludhiana, 3.2 mm at Patiala and 0.3 mm at Chandigarh.
The day temperature fell up to five points below normal at many places in the region.
Amritsar settled at a high of 34.2 deg C, followed by 33.6 deg C in Chandigarh, 32.6 deg C in Ludhiana, 32.5 deg C in Patiala and 32 deg C in Ambala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?