Widespread rain lashes Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Widespread rainfall on Thursday lashed most parts of Punjab and Haryana, plummeting the day temperature sharply and easing out humid conditions in the region.
While Narnaul in Haryana received 78 mm rainfall, Amritsar was drenched by 44.8 mm rains, Met officials said.
Besides, Hisar had 37.4 mm rains followed by 9.6 mm at Bhiwani, 4.3 mm at Rohtak, 4 mm at Ludhiana, 3.2 mm at Patiala and 0.3 mm at Chandigarh.
The day temperature fell up to five points below normal at many places in the region.
Amritsar settled at a high of 34.2 deg C, followed by 33.6 deg C in Chandigarh, 32.6 deg C in Ludhiana, 32.5 deg C in Patiala and 32 deg C in Ambala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"