Widespread rain lashes Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Widespread rainfall on Thursday lashed most parts of Punjab and Haryana, plummeting the day temperature sharply and easing out humid conditions in the region.
While Narnaul in Haryana received 78 mm rainfall, Amritsar was drenched by 44.8 mm rains, Met officials said.
Besides, Hisar had 37.4 mm rains followed by 9.6 mm at Bhiwani, 4.3 mm at Rohtak, 4 mm at Ludhiana, 3.2 mm at Patiala and 0.3 mm at Chandigarh.
The day temperature fell up to five points below normal at many places in the region.
Amritsar settled at a high of 34.2 deg C, followed by 33.6 deg C in Chandigarh, 32.6 deg C in Ludhiana, 32.5 deg C in Patiala and 32 deg C in Ambala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video