Widow, teenaged sons found murdered in Haryana
Bhiwani: A 38-year-old widow and her two teenaged sons were found mysteriously murdered at their village home in Bhiwani district of Haryana, police said on Monday.
According to police, the killings came to light late Sunday when some residents of Patwan village got suspicious and complained to police that nobody had come out of Santosh Devi`s house for two or three days.
Police said the house was bolted from inside and they broke open the main door Sunday evening.
"Santosh Devi and her two sons Rajesh Kumar, 18, and Jaswant Kumar, 13, were found murdered. They were attacked by some sharp-edged weapons. Their partially decomposed bodies indicated they were murdered two-three days back," said VS Yadav, police official investigating the case, on Monday.
"We are taking the help of forensic scientists and sniffer dogs to gather clues about the murderer. Our investigation is on and right now we cannot comment about the reason behind this crime."
"Santosh`s husband had died around 10 year back and she has ancestral land registered in her name," he Yadav added.
Residents said the woman`s family had no enmity with anyone in the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'