Widow, teenaged sons found murdered in Haryana
Bhiwani: A 38-year-old widow and her two teenaged sons were found mysteriously murdered at their village home in Bhiwani district of Haryana, police said on Monday.
According to police, the killings came to light late Sunday when some residents of Patwan village got suspicious and complained to police that nobody had come out of Santosh Devi`s house for two or three days.
Police said the house was bolted from inside and they broke open the main door Sunday evening.
"Santosh Devi and her two sons Rajesh Kumar, 18, and Jaswant Kumar, 13, were found murdered. They were attacked by some sharp-edged weapons. Their partially decomposed bodies indicated they were murdered two-three days back," said VS Yadav, police official investigating the case, on Monday.
"We are taking the help of forensic scientists and sniffer dogs to gather clues about the murderer. Our investigation is on and right now we cannot comment about the reason behind this crime."
"Santosh`s husband had died around 10 year back and she has ancestral land registered in her name," he Yadav added.
Residents said the woman`s family had no enmity with anyone in the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre