Widow, teenaged sons found murdered in Haryana
Bhiwani: A 38-year-old widow and her two teenaged sons were found mysteriously murdered at their village home in Bhiwani district of Haryana, police said on Monday.
According to police, the killings came to light late Sunday when some residents of Patwan village got suspicious and complained to police that nobody had come out of Santosh Devi`s house for two or three days.
Police said the house was bolted from inside and they broke open the main door Sunday evening.
"Santosh Devi and her two sons Rajesh Kumar, 18, and Jaswant Kumar, 13, were found murdered. They were attacked by some sharp-edged weapons. Their partially decomposed bodies indicated they were murdered two-three days back," said VS Yadav, police official investigating the case, on Monday.
"We are taking the help of forensic scientists and sniffer dogs to gather clues about the murderer. Our investigation is on and right now we cannot comment about the reason behind this crime."
"Santosh`s husband had died around 10 year back and she has ancestral land registered in her name," he Yadav added.
Residents said the woman`s family had no enmity with anyone in the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption