Widows of Armymen to get civil pension in Haryana
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda announced that widows of ex-servicemen will be entitled for both military and civil pension on the pattern of the pension drawn by former Armymen who joins state services after their retirement from military service.
The widows of the ex-servicemen, who join state services after retirement from military, would get civil and military pension, an official spokesman said here today.
He said an ex-serviceman who joins the state services after serving in military is entitled for both military and civil pension after his retirement.
However, earlier in case of death of such ex-servicemen, their widows were only entitled to one pension -- either military or civil.
But now, with this decision of the state government, she would be entitled for both military and civil pension.
He said this decision would benefit a large number of families of ex-servicemen in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH