Widows of Armymen to get civil pension in Haryana
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda announced that widows of ex-servicemen will be entitled for both military and civil pension on the pattern of the pension drawn by former Armymen who joins state services after their retirement from military service.
The widows of the ex-servicemen, who join state services after retirement from military, would get civil and military pension, an official spokesman said here today.
He said an ex-serviceman who joins the state services after serving in military is entitled for both military and civil pension after his retirement.
However, earlier in case of death of such ex-servicemen, their widows were only entitled to one pension -- either military or civil.
But now, with this decision of the state government, she would be entitled for both military and civil pension.
He said this decision would benefit a large number of families of ex-servicemen in the state.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- RSS is against westernization, not modernization: Nitin Gadkari
- AAP govt, MCDs have responsibility to pay salaries: HC
- Bengaluru tops online learning in India: Coursera
- 50% Indian corporates open to working with start-ups
- SC notice to Centre, state governments on PIL for uploading FIR within 24 hours