Widows of Armymen to get civil pension in Haryana
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda announced that widows of ex-servicemen will be entitled for both military and civil pension on the pattern of the pension drawn by former Armymen who joins state services after their retirement from military service.
The widows of the ex-servicemen, who join state services after retirement from military, would get civil and military pension, an official spokesman said here today.
He said an ex-serviceman who joins the state services after serving in military is entitled for both military and civil pension after his retirement.
However, earlier in case of death of such ex-servicemen, their widows were only entitled to one pension -- either military or civil.
But now, with this decision of the state government, she would be entitled for both military and civil pension.
He said this decision would benefit a large number of families of ex-servicemen in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened