Widows of Armymen to get civil pension in Haryana
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda announced that widows of ex-servicemen will be entitled for both military and civil pension on the pattern of the pension drawn by former Armymen who joins state services after their retirement from military service.
The widows of the ex-servicemen, who join state services after retirement from military, would get civil and military pension, an official spokesman said here today.
He said an ex-serviceman who joins the state services after serving in military is entitled for both military and civil pension after his retirement.
However, earlier in case of death of such ex-servicemen, their widows were only entitled to one pension -- either military or civil.
But now, with this decision of the state government, she would be entitled for both military and civil pension.
He said this decision would benefit a large number of families of ex-servicemen in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof