‘Will oppose parties who are not with Jan Lokpal’
Hisar: Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal on Friday
said they will oppose all those parties, which do not support
the Jan Lokpal Bill, in elections anywhere in the country.
"All parties are equal for us but whosoever opposes Jan
Lokpal Bill will face our opposition during elections anywhere
in the country," Kejriwal said at a function here.
He appealed to the electorate of Hisar Lok Sabha
constituency to get a pledge in writing from candidates, who
are in fray for the October 13 by-poll, and their party
presidents that they would support the Jan Lokpal Bill.
Kejriwal said a campaign will be launched against
candidates whose high command does not give such an
undertaking by September 30.
"We want that the people should have the right to reject
the candidates during polling and if the performance of the
elected candidate does not satisfy people they may have
the right to recall him," he said.
Kejriwal said, "People are supreme in the country not
Parliament. Seven MPs are in jails for their crimes and
"The government issues notices to us out of vendetta," he
said, adding that the recent agitation spearheaded by Anna
Hazare has brought "revolutionary changes in the country
and we have to do much more further".
Indian National Lok Dal general secretary Ajay Chautala
and Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC)-BJP alliance candidate
Kuldeep Bishnoi have already started their campaign whereas
the Congress is yet to announce its candidate for the seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test