Woman booked for not reporting daughter`s rape
Rohtak (Haryana): A woman in a village in Haryana`s Rohtak district has been booked by the police for hiding the fact that her minor daughter was raped, police said on Saturday.
The victim, aged 14, was raped by a youth, Sunil, who hailed from the same village of Sunariya in Rohtak district, 80 km from New Delhi.
Though the incident took place over two months ago, the police registered the rape case against Sunil on Friday on the victim`s complaint.
The police also booked the victim`s mother, Geeta, under section 120-B (conspiracy), Ved Singh Nain, a spokesman of the Rohtak police, told a news agency. The accused and the mother have been arrested.
The woman tried to hide the rape when the victim told her about it. She even reprimanded her. The accused used to visit the house of the victim even after committing the crime, police said.
It was only when the victim went to her aunt`s house in a village in Panipat district and narrated the whole incident that the matter was reported to the Panipat police.
Nain said: "The victim, in her complaint lodged with the Panipat police, has alleged that she was raped by Sunil in the village in August. When she informed about the crime to her mother, she (mother) started reprimanding her instead of reporting it to the police."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?