Woman commits suicide over dowry demand in Haryana
Faridabad: A woman allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself over dowry demands by her in-laws, police said in Faridabad on Wednesday.
The victim`s husband Rajendra, brother-in-law and father-in-law have been arrested on a complaint by the victim`s brother, police said.
Victim`s brother Daulatram has alleged that his sister was being harassed by her in-laws to bring dowry of Rs 50,000 and a motorcycle since her marriage, they said.
In another incident, mutilated body of a young boy was found in Shiv Durga Vihar colony here, police said.
A resident of the area, Vishambhar had complained to police about the body, they said.
A case has been registered and body was sent for the postmortem, they said.
In another incident here, some unidentified armed youths intercepted the car of first year BSc ID student Firoz Ahmed when he was on a drive with his friends, and asked him to hand it over at gun-point, police said.
Case has been lodged and the matter is being probed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj