Woman commits suicide over dowry demand in Haryana
Faridabad: A woman allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself over dowry demands by her in-laws, police said in Faridabad on Wednesday.
The victim`s husband Rajendra, brother-in-law and father-in-law have been arrested on a complaint by the victim`s brother, police said.
Victim`s brother Daulatram has alleged that his sister was being harassed by her in-laws to bring dowry of Rs 50,000 and a motorcycle since her marriage, they said.
In another incident, mutilated body of a young boy was found in Shiv Durga Vihar colony here, police said.
A resident of the area, Vishambhar had complained to police about the body, they said.
A case has been registered and body was sent for the postmortem, they said.
In another incident here, some unidentified armed youths intercepted the car of first year BSc ID student Firoz Ahmed when he was on a drive with his friends, and asked him to hand it over at gun-point, police said.
Case has been lodged and the matter is being probed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in