Woman consumes poison in police station
Jhajjar: Perturbed over demand being
made by her husband to bring more dowry, a woman attempted to
end her life by consuming poisonous substances in the premises
of Jhajjar police station here on Thursday.
The woman, identified as Dhanpati, wife of Mukesh, a
resident of Girawar village, has been admitted to PGIMS in
Rohtak where her condition is stated to be critical, police
The incident took place when Dhanpati came to the police
station to know the police action regarding a complaint she
had lodged with the police against her husband on Wednesday.
She consumed the poisonous substances near a Peer Majaar
located in the police station premises and fell on the floor
after some time.
Some policemen took her to a hospital here from where she
was referred to PGIMS at Rohtak.
Jhajjar SP Patram Singh said she had lodged a complaint on
Wednesday that her husband Mukesh was not only forcing her to
bring dowry from her parents but also torturing her for
mounting pressure on her to meet his demand.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!