Woman consumes poison in police station
Jhajjar: Perturbed over demand being
made by her husband to bring more dowry, a woman attempted to
end her life by consuming poisonous substances in the premises
of Jhajjar police station here on Thursday.
The woman, identified as Dhanpati, wife of Mukesh, a
resident of Girawar village, has been admitted to PGIMS in
Rohtak where her condition is stated to be critical, police
The incident took place when Dhanpati came to the police
station to know the police action regarding a complaint she
had lodged with the police against her husband on Wednesday.
She consumed the poisonous substances near a Peer Majaar
located in the police station premises and fell on the floor
after some time.
Some policemen took her to a hospital here from where she
was referred to PGIMS at Rohtak.
Jhajjar SP Patram Singh said she had lodged a complaint on
Wednesday that her husband Mukesh was not only forcing her to
bring dowry from her parents but also torturing her for
mounting pressure on her to meet his demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata