Woman consumes poison in police station
Jhajjar: Perturbed over demand being
made by her husband to bring more dowry, a woman attempted to
end her life by consuming poisonous substances in the premises
of Jhajjar police station here on Thursday.
The woman, identified as Dhanpati, wife of Mukesh, a
resident of Girawar village, has been admitted to PGIMS in
Rohtak where her condition is stated to be critical, police
The incident took place when Dhanpati came to the police
station to know the police action regarding a complaint she
had lodged with the police against her husband on Wednesday.
She consumed the poisonous substances near a Peer Majaar
located in the police station premises and fell on the floor
after some time.
Some policemen took her to a hospital here from where she
was referred to PGIMS at Rohtak.
Jhajjar SP Patram Singh said she had lodged a complaint on
Wednesday that her husband Mukesh was not only forcing her to
bring dowry from her parents but also torturing her for
mounting pressure on her to meet his demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city