Woman gang-raped by taxi drivers in Rewari
Rewari: A 25-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by five taxi drivers in the Rewari district of Haryana, police said on Saturday.
The woman was first gang-raped in a rented room at Tula Ram Vihar colony and then in a room of a city hotel on Friday by the youths, they said.
The victim, who is a resident of the Palwal city of Haryana and is a divorcee, came here from Gurgaon by train on Friday morning.
She was enticed by a cab driver Anoop Singh who took her to his rented room in Tula Ram Vihar colony where he and his four associates, who were already present in the room, allegedly took turns to rape the woman.
Later, the accused took the woman to the hotel where they again committed the crime till late in the night, police said.
However, she managed to call police, who rushed to the hotel premises and apprehended two youths whereas their three accomplices managed to flee from the spot.
Besides Anoop, the other accused have been identified as Ganpat, Mukhtiar Singh, Krishan of Mahendergarh district and Sunder of Kanohri village in Rewari district.
A case has been registered on the basis of the complaint lodged by the woman in this connection, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!