Woman jumps from Metro station, dies
Gurgaon: A 25-year-old woman who had accused her husband and in-laws of harassing her for dowry died after jumping from the terrace of a Metro station here Thursday, police said.
Priyanka Khandelwal, an employee of HDFC Bank, was taken to the Medicity Hospital with serious injuries after leaping from the MG Road Delhi Metro station. She later succumbed to her injuries.
Khandelwal, who is from Mathura in Uttar Pradesh, had filed a case of dowry harassment against her in-laws and husband Nitin Khandelwal, a chartered accountant in Delhi, police officer Jaswant Singh Yadav said.
Since August 2011 she had lived alone at a paying guest accommodation near her office in Gurgaon`s Sector 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'