Woman jumps from Metro station, dies
Gurgaon: A 25-year-old woman who had accused her husband and in-laws of harassing her for dowry died after jumping from the terrace of a Metro station here Thursday, police said.
Priyanka Khandelwal, an employee of HDFC Bank, was taken to the Medicity Hospital with serious injuries after leaping from the MG Road Delhi Metro station. She later succumbed to her injuries.
Khandelwal, who is from Mathura in Uttar Pradesh, had filed a case of dowry harassment against her in-laws and husband Nitin Khandelwal, a chartered accountant in Delhi, police officer Jaswant Singh Yadav said.
Since August 2011 she had lived alone at a paying guest accommodation near her office in Gurgaon`s Sector 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown