Woman killed for dowry
Rewari: A 22-year-old woman was allegedly
killed for dowry in Khandora village of the district, police said on Monday.
Body of Manju Yadav was found hanging from ceiling of her room yesterday.
On a complaint filed by father of the deceased, police today booked her husband Ajay Yadav, father-in-law Laxmi Chand and mother-in-law Rewati Devi.
In his complaint, Tej Ram alleged that Manju got married to Ajay over two years ago and was persistently harassed for dowry by her in-laws.
He alleged that Manju was killed by them yesterday.
Manju is survived by a one-year-old daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal