Woman killed for dowry
Rewari: A 22-year-old woman was allegedly
killed for dowry in Khandora village of the district, police said on Monday.
Body of Manju Yadav was found hanging from ceiling of her room yesterday.
On a complaint filed by father of the deceased, police today booked her husband Ajay Yadav, father-in-law Laxmi Chand and mother-in-law Rewati Devi.
In his complaint, Tej Ram alleged that Manju got married to Ajay over two years ago and was persistently harassed for dowry by her in-laws.
He alleged that Manju was killed by them yesterday.
Manju is survived by a one-year-old daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security