Woman who complained against Ahlawat missing
Yamunanagar, Haryana: A woman lawyer, who has accused former Inspector General of Haryana Police MS Ahlawat of molesting her, went missing from her home Thursday night, her father said in a complaint to the police.
Jagjit Singh, father of the lawyer, lodged a complaint with Yamunanagar police that his daughter went missing from home this evening.
In the complaint, he has mentioned that the three police personnel, including two women constables, who were posted at the lawyer`s house for her protection, were unaware of her
whereabouts, Station House Officer (Yamunanagar city) Manoharlal, said.
The development comes on a day when Ahlawat moved a local court for anticipatory bail two days after he was booked for allegedly molesting and intimidating the woman lawyer eight years back when he was superintendent of police.
In the anticipatory bail application moved by Ahlawat`s lawyer before the District and Sessions Judge R C Godhara, the former IGP has pleaded that Section 506 of the IPC does not apply to his case.
Another plea made by Ahlawat in seeking anticipatory bail is that the victim had not moved any court all these years against him.
The case, which is similar to Ruchika molestation case in which for Haryana DGP SPS Rathore was convicted and finally jailed, was registered on Tuesday against Ahlawat by the Yamunanagar police under various sections of the IPC.
A Special Investigation Team has been formed to conduct the probe.
Ahlawat has been booked under sections 354 (criminal force on woman with intent to outrage modesty), 323 (assault with intent to voluntarily cause hurt) and 506 (criminal
intimidation) of the IPC in the case.
The victim had recently met Haryana DGP Ranjiv Singh Dalal at Panchkula. She claimed to have come into Ahlawat`s contact when she had approached the Yamunanagar police in May 2002, to lodge a case of dowry harassment against her husband.
The victim alleged that Ahlawat had insisted on meeting her in his camp office and allegedly tried to establish illicit relations with her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days