Woman who pushed victim into prostitution arrested
Hisar: Police on Wednesday claimed to have unearthed a racket of forced prostitution with the arrest of a woman allegedly engaged in flesh trade activities.
Sunita, a resident of Patel Nagar in Hisar, was arrested on the complaint of a 25-year-old woman who was promised a job but was allegedly pushed into prostitution.
The accused had allegedly paid Rs 11,000 to some tout who had brought the victim to her from Delhi, police said on Wednesday.
The victim told the police that she was promised a job but when she came here Sunita sent her with different persons for flesh trade activities, which she resisted.
A local leader rescued the victim near Town Park on Monday. She shouted for help and was rescued by the local leader who took her to a police station where she revealed the Sunita`s name.
The victim told the police that Sunita procured innocent victims of poor families from different states on the pretext of providing them a job, but later on pushed them into flesh trade.
A police official here said they were trying to nab a person who used to bring the victims from Delhi. He said more people could be involved in this racket, whose network may be spread in other places also.
He further said that two women who had been brought here from Delhi recently on the pretext of employment managed to slip away after coming to know about the racket they were about to be pushed into.
Fearing escape bid by the rescued victim, Sunita had taken away her cell phone and cash.
Sunita was produced before a court here yesterday and sent to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video