Women crucial to eradicating social evils: Hooda
Chandigarh: By becoming conscious of social evils, like female foeticide and domestic violence, women of Haryana can contribute significantly in their eradication, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said on Tuesday.
He said the state government has launched a number of schemes to provide women with equal opportunities and enhance their social and educational status.
The chief minister appealed the women to be "aware of social evils, like female foeticide and domestic violence prevailing in the society".
Hooda also flagged off `Mahila Aatamraksha Jagrukta Rally` at his residence here. Students from schools of Panchkula, Ambala, Kurukshetra, Kaithal, Jind, Sonepat and Panipat are participating in the motor-cycle rally.
During the rally, the students will visit schools and colleges and would organise programmes to make the students aware of the social evil of female foeticide. They will also teach the students techniques of self defence.
The rally will conclude at Panipat on April 6. The participants of the rally will also maintain direct dialogue with the students and would apprise them about the policies of the state government for the welfare of the women in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray