Women crucial to eradicating social evils: Hooda
Chandigarh: By becoming conscious of social evils, like female foeticide and domestic violence, women of Haryana can contribute significantly in their eradication, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said on Tuesday.
He said the state government has launched a number of schemes to provide women with equal opportunities and enhance their social and educational status.
The chief minister appealed the women to be "aware of social evils, like female foeticide and domestic violence prevailing in the society".
Hooda also flagged off `Mahila Aatamraksha Jagrukta Rally` at his residence here. Students from schools of Panchkula, Ambala, Kurukshetra, Kaithal, Jind, Sonepat and Panipat are participating in the motor-cycle rally.
During the rally, the students will visit schools and colleges and would organise programmes to make the students aware of the social evil of female foeticide. They will also teach the students techniques of self defence.
The rally will conclude at Panipat on April 6. The participants of the rally will also maintain direct dialogue with the students and would apprise them about the policies of the state government for the welfare of the women in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional