Women varsity authorities to ensure safety of students
Jhajjar: Describing as unfortunate the alleged gang rape of a law student, Haryana Education and Social Welfare Minister Geeta Bhukkal on Sunday said the state government was serious towards the safety and security of girl students in the state.
"Vice Chancellor of the university and the Sonepat district authorities have been asked to adopt adequate security measures so as to ensure such incident does not recur," she said.
Bhukkal told reporters that the government had taken a serious view of the incident and decided to make special arrangements for security of girl students there.
A teenage girl from Delhi, pursuing law degree from an all-women university in Sonepat, was allegedly abducted near the university campus by four men yesterday and gangraped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?