Women varsity authorities to ensure safety of students
Jhajjar: Describing as unfortunate the alleged gang rape of a law student, Haryana Education and Social Welfare Minister Geeta Bhukkal on Sunday said the state government was serious towards the safety and security of girl students in the state.
"Vice Chancellor of the university and the Sonepat district authorities have been asked to adopt adequate security measures so as to ensure such incident does not recur," she said.
Bhukkal told reporters that the government had taken a serious view of the incident and decided to make special arrangements for security of girl students there.
A teenage girl from Delhi, pursuing law degree from an all-women university in Sonepat, was allegedly abducted near the university campus by four men yesterday and gangraped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket