Women varsity authorities to ensure safety of students
Jhajjar: Describing as unfortunate the alleged gang rape of a law student, Haryana Education and Social Welfare Minister Geeta Bhukkal on Sunday said the state government was serious towards the safety and security of girl students in the state.
"Vice Chancellor of the university and the Sonepat district authorities have been asked to adopt adequate security measures so as to ensure such incident does not recur," she said.
Bhukkal told reporters that the government had taken a serious view of the incident and decided to make special arrangements for security of girl students there.
A teenage girl from Delhi, pursuing law degree from an all-women university in Sonepat, was allegedly abducted near the university campus by four men yesterday and gangraped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read