Won`t hesitate to stall Parliament if it helps fight graft:BJP
Chandigarh: BJP on Saturday said it won`t hesitate to stall it if it helps fill the government`s coffers and fight corruption.
BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy claimed that two years ago by stalling the winter session of Parliament over the 2G spectrum scam issue, there had been a net benefit of Rs 2 lakh crore to the country.
"If by obstructing Parliament, resoruces of the exchequer are filled, BJP will not hesitate...," he told reporters here, adding the party also cannot remain silent to "monumental corruption" witnessed during Congress-led UPA government.
Rudy termed tomorrow`s reshuffle of Union Council of Ministers, Rudy as an "exercise in vain" and said the Manmohan Singh government, from which Trinamool Congress has pulled out, "should have sought a "fresh mandate" before going into this exercise (reshuffle)".
"After TMC`s withdrawal...Government lost its credibility. BJP feels this (reshuffle) is an exercise in vain," Rudy said.
The Prime Minister also came under sharp attack from the BJP leader who said Singh was known as an economist and for his honesty but in UPA-II that has "changed".
Rudy also said the PM was a Cambridge Unversity scholar, had served in prestigious positions, including Finance Minister, Finance Secretary, Governor of RBI etc and "nowhere in the world do we have a Prime Minister who is so qualified".
"But after promising growth rate of 9.2 per cent, it is hovering around 5.2 per cent", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic