Workers turn violent at Gurgaon export unit
Gurgaon: Workers of an export company, Orient Craft on Monday turned violent, pelting stones at the company premises while shouting slogans against the management and accusing a contractor of assaulting them, police said.
The workers damaged property at the unit in Udyog Vihar, Sector 37, police said. They also targeted police personnel deployed there.
Protestors shouted slogans against the management, police said. Several workers were reported to be injured in the stir.
Workers alleged that a contractor in the company regularly assaulted them and Monday, he attacked some of them with scissors, leaving three workers injured. Two of them are said to be hospitalised.
After the incident, violent workers took to the streets in Udyog Vihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair