Yet another `dishonour` killing in Haryana
Rohtak: In another case of dishonour killing, a man in Haryana got his 14-year-old daughter killed for having an affair with a boy of the same village. An accomplice has been nabbed while the father of the girl is on the run, police said on Sunday.
Umed Saini is accused of killing his daughter Tapasya on Dec 2. He got his servant Mohan to murder the girl. Mohan was arrested late Saturday.
The teenager was reported missing from her house in Chamanpura village here Dec 2 and Saini had lodged a missing complaint with the police, saying that he suspected three of her classmates.
During investigation, police found the youths to be innocent and arrested Mohan Saturday.
Mohan confessed that he had strangulated Tapasya at Saini`s behest. The domestic help, who had been working for Saini for the last four years, said Saini had lured him by promising to find a bride for him, said district police chief Satish Balan.
"Saini took his daughter to the fields on the outskirts of the village on Dec 2. Mohan then strangled her and buried the body in the fields. But when it started stinking, they dumped the body in a drain after tying bricks to it on Dec 3," Balan said.
"We have recovered the body and hunt is on for Saini. We will arrest him soon. Saini was unhappy as Tapasya was going around with a boy of the same village," Balan added.
Haryana is infamous for dishonour killings. During the last few months, many such cases, involving the murders of young boys and girls, have rocked this state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31