Yet another `dishonour` killing in Haryana
Rohtak: In another case of dishonour killing, a man in Haryana got his 14-year-old daughter killed for having an affair with a boy of the same village. An accomplice has been nabbed while the father of the girl is on the run, police said on Sunday.
Umed Saini is accused of killing his daughter Tapasya on Dec 2. He got his servant Mohan to murder the girl. Mohan was arrested late Saturday.
The teenager was reported missing from her house in Chamanpura village here Dec 2 and Saini had lodged a missing complaint with the police, saying that he suspected three of her classmates.
During investigation, police found the youths to be innocent and arrested Mohan Saturday.
Mohan confessed that he had strangulated Tapasya at Saini`s behest. The domestic help, who had been working for Saini for the last four years, said Saini had lured him by promising to find a bride for him, said district police chief Satish Balan.
"Saini took his daughter to the fields on the outskirts of the village on Dec 2. Mohan then strangled her and buried the body in the fields. But when it started stinking, they dumped the body in a drain after tying bricks to it on Dec 3," Balan said.
"We have recovered the body and hunt is on for Saini. We will arrest him soon. Saini was unhappy as Tapasya was going around with a boy of the same village," Balan added.
Haryana is infamous for dishonour killings. During the last few months, many such cases, involving the murders of young boys and girls, have rocked this state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply