Yogendra Yadav accuses BJP and Cong candidates of undervaluing assets
New Delhi: Senior Aam Aadmi Party leader Yogendra Yadav, who is contesting from Gurgaon Lok Sabha constituency, on Tuesday accused his opponents from BJP and Congress of undervaluing their properties in the affidavits submitted by them while filing their nominations.
Addressing a press conference here, Yadav alleged that BJP candidate Rao Inderjit Singh has given the value of his immovable assets as Rs 14.1 crore, whereas its actual worth is over Rs 300 crore as per circle rates.
"The affidavit also incorrectly presents the fact that agricultural land, once converted for development of projects, cannot be termed agricultural any longer.
"There is one 41 acre property in Rampur tehsil in Rewari district and another 2.78 acre of prime land in Gurgaon which Singh has been given to Unitech and Krissh developers but are shown as agricultural land," Yadav claimed.
Yadav claimed that as per the circle rate, the value of 41 acre land is Rs 198 crore and the Gurgaon property is Rs 59.93 crore, but have been shown as Rs 8.27 crore and Rs 1.39 crore respectively.
Yadav also said that Congress candidate Rao Dharampal has not disclosed his entire property details and has stated that being a "deponent or Karta of HUF (Hindu Undivided family) he pays income tax for all their assets.
"He has declared the worth of his immovable properties as Rs 6.5 crore. If you say this to anyone, he will laugh at you. He is known as a big developer in Gurgaon.
"After disclosing his few properties, he through a small column has declared himself as `karta of HUF`, has just said he pays income tax for that," Yadav claimed.
Yadav said AAP will complain to the Election Commission of India about this and urge it take strict action against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends