Youth dies in police custody, family stages protest in Faridabad
Faridabad: A youth died allegedly in police custody following which an irate mob on Saturday staged a protest outside a police station demanding action against the cops.
The family of 21-year-old Manish, a fruit vendor, has claimed that the deceased had been allegedly picked up by officials of Crimes Investigation Agency on May 7 and beaten up while in custody which led to his death, an official said.
Manish had once earlier been arrested in connection with a chain snatching case, he added.
According to the victim`s sister Babli, Manish had suffered several injuries and was vomiting blood after he returned home from police`s custody.
He was rushed to a civil hospital where he was referred to Safdarjung hospital. He was declared dead after he succumbed to his injuries.
Several people, including family and relatives of Manish, staged protest outside NIT police station with the body of the victim and also blocked the road, causing traffic jam for several hours.
Accusing the CIA officials guilty for Manish`s death, the victim`s family demanded a case of murder be registered against them.
The protesters dispersed only after Assistant Commissioner of Police, Ranchandra Rethi, assured them that their complaint had been registered and action will be taken if any of the officials were found guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today