Youth injured as two groups clash in Saharanpur
Saharanpur: Tension gripped the Rampur Maniharan police station area of the district after a clash took place between two groups following an alleged incident of eveteasing here.
An 18-year-old youth was injured in the clash yesterday and has been admitted to hospital in a critical condition, police officials said.
The incident took place when three women were allegedly teased by some men of a group in Rampur, they said.
Enraged over the incident, men from another group allegedly beat up an 18-year-old youth, a member of the group involved in the teasing.
Late in the night, a large number of people belonging to the beaten youth`s group came out demanding action against those involved in the beating. They also went to the locality of the people who had allegedly beaten the youth.
There, a clash took place between the two groups.
However, SP (Rural) Dharamveer Singh soon reached the spot and controlled the situation.
Today, District Magistrate Sandhya Tiwari, SSP Manoj Kumar and some political leaders visited the area and met members of both the groups, asking them to maintain peace.
Heavy security force has been deployed in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'