Youth shot dead outside stadium
Gurgaon (Haryana): A youth was allegedly shot dead today by some unidentified persons near the Tau Devi Lal Stadium here when he was returning from cricket practice.
The victim Rakesh (26), a resident of Badshapur village, was returning from practice when his vehicle was intercepted by the motorcycle-borne assailants who fired at him outside the stadium gate, DCP (Crime) Maheshwar Dayal said.
Rakesh was taken to a private hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, he said, adding five empty cartridges were recovered from the spot.
Police have seized a motorcycle which the assailants left while fleeing, he said.
A case into the matter has been registered and efforts are on to nab the attackers, he said, adding cause behind the murder is yet to be known and further investigations are on.
Post-mortem of the victim will be conducted tomorrow, Dayal added.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today
- Baaghi tweet review: First day first show!