Youth shot dead outside stadium
Gurgaon (Haryana): A youth was allegedly shot dead today by some unidentified persons near the Tau Devi Lal Stadium here when he was returning from cricket practice.
The victim Rakesh (26), a resident of Badshapur village, was returning from practice when his vehicle was intercepted by the motorcycle-borne assailants who fired at him outside the stadium gate, DCP (Crime) Maheshwar Dayal said.
Rakesh was taken to a private hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, he said, adding five empty cartridges were recovered from the spot.
Police have seized a motorcycle which the assailants left while fleeing, he said.
A case into the matter has been registered and efforts are on to nab the attackers, he said, adding cause behind the murder is yet to be known and further investigations are on.
Post-mortem of the victim will be conducted tomorrow, Dayal added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra