Youth shot dead outside stadium
Gurgaon (Haryana): A youth was allegedly shot dead today by some unidentified persons near the Tau Devi Lal Stadium here when he was returning from cricket practice.
The victim Rakesh (26), a resident of Badshapur village, was returning from practice when his vehicle was intercepted by the motorcycle-borne assailants who fired at him outside the stadium gate, DCP (Crime) Maheshwar Dayal said.
Rakesh was taken to a private hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, he said, adding five empty cartridges were recovered from the spot.
Police have seized a motorcycle which the assailants left while fleeing, he said.
A case into the matter has been registered and efforts are on to nab the attackers, he said, adding cause behind the murder is yet to be known and further investigations are on.
Post-mortem of the victim will be conducted tomorrow, Dayal added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?