Youth shot dead outside stadium
Gurgaon (Haryana): A youth was allegedly shot dead today by some unidentified persons near the Tau Devi Lal Stadium here when he was returning from cricket practice.
The victim Rakesh (26), a resident of Badshapur village, was returning from practice when his vehicle was intercepted by the motorcycle-borne assailants who fired at him outside the stadium gate, DCP (Crime) Maheshwar Dayal said.
Rakesh was taken to a private hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, he said, adding five empty cartridges were recovered from the spot.
Police have seized a motorcycle which the assailants left while fleeing, he said.
A case into the matter has been registered and efforts are on to nab the attackers, he said, adding cause behind the murder is yet to be known and further investigations are on.
Post-mortem of the victim will be conducted tomorrow, Dayal added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state