Youth slaps Congress MLA at election meeting
Hisar: A youth allegedly slapped Congress MLA from Uklana Naresh Selwal, who was accompanying Sampat Singh, Congress candidate from Hisar Parliamentary seat.
The incident occurred on Wednesday, when among others, the youth, named Kala, son of a sarpanch Shamsher Singh, was garlanding the Legislator during an election meeting, police sources said today.
He threw the garland aside and slapped him, they said.
Later, the people present there thrashed the youth but Selwal announced to forgive him.
Singh also condemned the incident.
The sources said that the youth was said to be unhappy with the legislator for allegedly not releasing the grants for the development of his village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire