13 more die due to encephalitis; toll 238
Gorakhpur: With encephalitis claiming 13 more lives, the death toll due to the disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh has mounted to 238 this year, health officials said here today.
Additional Director (Health) Diwakar Prasad said that two children each from Gorakhpur and Sant Kabir Nagar, and one each from Kushinagar, Deoria and Bihar died at Baba Raghav Das Medical College Hospital (BRD MCH) yesterday.
Six deaths occurred on Sunday, he said, adding that all 13 deaths occurred at the BRD MCH here.
As many as 57 encephalitis patients were admitted to BRD MCH and other government hospitals in the last two days, he said adding that as many as 1,460 encephalitis patients were admitted this year to various government hospitals including BRD-MCH, of which 238 died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune