200 Chinese infected with hepatitis
Beijing: Over 200 people in China, including many children, have been infected with the hepatitis C virus after reusing needles at a rural clinic.
Till Dec 1, 105 people from Dancheng of Woyang county in Anhui province tested positive for the disease, while 104 people in Maqiao of Yongcheng city in Henan province also tested positive, a health official told Xinhua.
Investigators are focusing on a 60-year-old doctor at a privately-run clinic in Maqiao, who is suspected of causing the infection by reusing old needles.
Residents said the doctor, who has been practising for four decades, seldom changed needles.
He is reportedly called the "miracle doctor" for his ability to alleviate patients` fever and diarrhoea through injections and a few tablets.
Hepatitis C is mainly transmitted through contact with infected blood. It can also spread through sex, and from mother to baby during delivery.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan