5 natural remedies to cure neck pain
New Delhi: Having a neck pain these days is very common due to the hectic schedules and stressful working culture. It not only irritates us the most, but also compels us to visit a doctor. Almost two-third of the population in world, witnesses neck pain at some point in their lives.
Neck pain can be caused by various spinal problems. Examples of common conditions causing neck pain are degenerative disc disease, neck strain, neck injury or even common throat infection leading to swelling in the lymph node can lead to a stiff neck.
But, don't worry as natural remedies appear to be an effective treatment for neck pain and provide added benefits of improved psychological well-being and quality of life. It has been noticed that though it may take time, but home remedies for neck pain work better than traditional therapy and medication.
Here are a few natural remedies that you can easily adopt and say bye-bye to neck pain.
-Menthol and camphor: Whenever we suffer from acute neck pain, we use pain relievers which have menthol and camphor as their main ingredient. Now, menthol and camphor when rubbed on the affected area, increases blood circulation and produce a warm or cooling effect which soothes the neck muscles.
-Lavender: Lavender has been used for medicinal purposes since ancient times, but these days its oil is extracted and used in aromatherapies and massage oils which provide relief from neck pain.
-Ginger: Consuming ginger juice, tea or extract can help a lot in reducing pain caused by inflammatory diseases like neck pain. One can also rub ginger oil on the neck for instant relief.
-Arnica: Arnica is one of the best remedies used to relieve pain. It is made from the extracts of fresh Arnica flowers and helps relieve neck pain relief and stiffness.
-Devil's claw: Traditionally, it is a shrub native to Africa and is available both in powdered and pills form. It is mainly used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, but also soothes neck pain as it has anti-inflammatory properties too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India