78000 infants die of congenital heart disease in India every year: Doctors
Zee Media Bureau
According to a report by leading experts, it has been revealed that about 78,000 infants born with congenital heart disease in India die every year because of inadequate health care facilities.
In a medical camp,Dr Murtaza Chisti, Chief Cardiac Surgeon of the Mahatma Gandhi Cardiac and Critical Care Centre told that "Every year 1.5 lakh infants were born in India with congenital heart disease."
The acute lack of awareness and ignorance in people coupled with insufficient medical facilities have further pushed up the cases of congenital heart disease. And most of these children with such cases don't survive.
"Work-related tension coupled with changed lifestyle of young people that caused them to hurry and scurry for work had resulted in even people in the age group of 30 to 40 years get heart attacks or suffer from heart-related problems," he said.
"Controlled diet with less fatty and oily, and non-vegetarian food, non-consumption of sweets, coupled with adequate rest could reduce the incidence of heart problems.He enumerated diabetes, high blood pressure, mental tension, increase in cholesterol as the contributory causes for heart attacks.
Dr ML Swarankar, chairman of the India Education Trust, said that India had the dubious distinction of having the largest number of deaths in Asia owing to heart attack. More and well-equipped cardiac centres were needed to bring down the number, he added.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy