78000 infants die of congenital heart disease in India every year: Doctors
Zee Media Bureau
According to a report by leading experts, it has been revealed that about 78,000 infants born with congenital heart disease in India die every year because of inadequate health care facilities.
In a medical camp,Dr Murtaza Chisti, Chief Cardiac Surgeon of the Mahatma Gandhi Cardiac and Critical Care Centre told that "Every year 1.5 lakh infants were born in India with congenital heart disease."
The acute lack of awareness and ignorance in people coupled with insufficient medical facilities have further pushed up the cases of congenital heart disease. And most of these children with such cases don't survive.
"Work-related tension coupled with changed lifestyle of young people that caused them to hurry and scurry for work had resulted in even people in the age group of 30 to 40 years get heart attacks or suffer from heart-related problems," he said.
"Controlled diet with less fatty and oily, and non-vegetarian food, non-consumption of sweets, coupled with adequate rest could reduce the incidence of heart problems.He enumerated diabetes, high blood pressure, mental tension, increase in cholesterol as the contributory causes for heart attacks.
Dr ML Swarankar, chairman of the India Education Trust, said that India had the dubious distinction of having the largest number of deaths in Asia owing to heart attack. More and well-equipped cardiac centres were needed to bring down the number, he added.
(With Agency inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical