All about Kidney cancer
Kidney cancer is a disease in which cancer cells grow in the kidneys. There are several types of cancer that can attack the human kidney, but the most widespread by far is the renal cell carcinoma.
The exact cause of kidney cancer cannot be actually identified, but certain risk factors have been identified by the researchers have identified several risk factors for the disease. Causes and risk factors vary for each type of kidney cancer. Risk factors of kidney cancer may include: smoking, workplace exposure to asbestos, benzene or cadmium and last but not the least obesity.
Some of the common symptoms are:
Blood in the urine
Abnormal urine color (dark, rusty, or brown)
Weight loss, more than 5% of body weight
Surgical removal: is generally recommended for all or part of the kidney (nephrectomy). This may include removal of the bladder or surrounding tissues or lymph nodes.
Radiation therapy : is not commonly used for treatment of renal cell carcinoma because it is usually not successful. Hormone treatment is also an option to reduce the growth of the tumor in some cases.
Medications : such as alpha-interferon and interleukin-2 (IL-2) have been successful in many cases of renal cell carcinomas treatment. IL-2 is presently the only therapy FDA-approved for the treatment of metastatic renal cell carcioma (kidney cancer).
Chemotherapy: may be used in some cases, but cure is unlikely unless all the cancer can be removed with surgery.
Compiled by: Shruti Saxena
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical