Arthritis: Know what causes the chronic pain
Arthritis is a form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints characterised by severe pain, swelling and joint stiffness.
What causes arthritis?
- Inflammation around the joint
- Damage to the joint from other diseases
- Daily wear and tear of joint
- Muscle strains caused by forceful movements
A person suffering from arthritis can face the following:
i) Varied levels of pain
ii) Joint stiffness and constant ache
Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis can affect other organs leading to
-Difficulty in moving joint, walking and handling things
-Drastically affects physical activity
-Pain and aches in muscle
-Feeling of tiredness
-Loss of flexibility
- Decreased aerobic fitness
There is no cure for arthritis, nor can it be completely prevented. Physical therapy, a change in lifestyle, orthopedic bracing and medication can help reduce inflammation in joints and reduce pain. Joint replacement surgery may be required in eroding forms of arthritis.
Compiled by: Liji Varghese
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users