Arthritis: Know what causes the chronic pain
Arthritis is a form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints characterised by severe pain, swelling and joint stiffness.
What causes arthritis?
- Inflammation around the joint
- Damage to the joint from other diseases
- Daily wear and tear of joint
- Muscle strains caused by forceful movements
A person suffering from arthritis can face the following:
i) Varied levels of pain
ii) Joint stiffness and constant ache
Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis can affect other organs leading to
-Difficulty in moving joint, walking and handling things
-Drastically affects physical activity
-Pain and aches in muscle
-Feeling of tiredness
-Loss of flexibility
- Decreased aerobic fitness
There is no cure for arthritis, nor can it be completely prevented. Physical therapy, a change in lifestyle, orthopedic bracing and medication can help reduce inflammation in joints and reduce pain. Joint replacement surgery may be required in eroding forms of arthritis.
Compiled by: Liji Varghese
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!