Boxer MC Mary Kom undergoes gallbladder surgery
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
Imphal: Five-time World Boxing champion and London Olympics bronze medallist, MC Mary Kom, underwent a surgery for removal of gallbladder stones on Tuesday.
The keyhole surgery took place at a private hospital, Shija Hospitals and Research Institute (SHRI), in Imphal, the capital of Manipur.
A team of doctors, headed by Dr Sorokhaibam Jugindra, Medical Superintendent of SHRI, conducted the surgery lasting about an hour where they successfully removed 26 stones from the boxer’s gallbladder.
“Mary is fine now. We took about an hour to complete the operation. A total of 26 stones were successfully removed from her gallbladder,” said Dr Sorokhaibam Jugindra.
He also said that the 30-year old boxer will recuperate in four days and the surgery will not weaken her.
Mary, the mother of three, was brought to Shija Hospitals and Research Institute for a health check-up after she had complaint of pain in her upper abdomen. Following this she was asked to undergo a test at Babina Diagnostic and Research Centre where she was diagnosed with stones in the gallbladder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family