Brain`s metabolism may signal Alzheimer’s progress
London: Early clues about the progress of Alzheimer’s disease can be found in the metabolism of the brain, researchers have found.
In their study, the scientists found that symptoms for Alzheimer’s disease will appear early on. As these signs arise, there will be changes in the metabolic processes of the brain.
Researchers developed predictor models that utilized metabolic information to target the progression of Alzheimer’s and the models were 90 percent accurate in terms of determining the stage of the illness.
The research is the first step towards finding biomarkers that may ensure better early-stage detection of the disease.
"We hope that by studying metabolism, and the alterations to metabolism that occur in the very early stages of the disease, we can find new therapeutic strategies," Shiri Stempler, a doctoral candidate in TAU’s Sackler Faculty of Medicine, said in a statement.
The study will be published in the journal Neurobiology of Aging.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account