Cancer cure being developed from human breast milk
London: Scientists have claimed that a cure for cancer is being developed from human breast milk.
A protein in human milk, lactaptin, was found to destroy diseased cells in tests at a Siberian medical institute.
Project leader Valentin Vlasovs said that the two medications are going through the pre-clinical trial now.
During analyses of the milk proteins they detected a tiny peptide that affected cancer cells. It destroyed cancer cells and left the healthy ones alive, Vlasovs said.
Tests on mice showed the drug works especially well on liver and lung cancers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!