Chest band may help relieve chronic cough
Washington: Japanese researchers have suggested that a soft, extendible band fitted around the chest may help to relieve cough in patients with persistent dry cough.
Over the course of 1 year, the researchers evaluated the antitussive effect of the chest band worn for 8 hours a day in 56 patients with chronic cough due to a variety of conditions.
Results showed that 88 percent (n=49) of patients improved their cough scores, and 59 percent (n=33) were able to reduce the cough.
Researchers concluded that soft chest band therapy for intractable, prolonged, and chronic cough is a safe and effective therapy.
This study was presented during CHEST 2012, the annual meeting of the American College of Chest Physicians, held October 20 – 25, in Atlanta, Georgia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi