Chest band may help relieve chronic cough
Washington: Japanese researchers have suggested that a soft, extendible band fitted around the chest may help to relieve cough in patients with persistent dry cough.
Over the course of 1 year, the researchers evaluated the antitussive effect of the chest band worn for 8 hours a day in 56 patients with chronic cough due to a variety of conditions.
Results showed that 88 percent (n=49) of patients improved their cough scores, and 59 percent (n=33) were able to reduce the cough.
Researchers concluded that soft chest band therapy for intractable, prolonged, and chronic cough is a safe and effective therapy.
This study was presented during CHEST 2012, the annual meeting of the American College of Chest Physicians, held October 20 – 25, in Atlanta, Georgia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir