Chest band may help relieve chronic cough
Washington: Japanese researchers have suggested that a soft, extendible band fitted around the chest may help to relieve cough in patients with persistent dry cough.
Over the course of 1 year, the researchers evaluated the antitussive effect of the chest band worn for 8 hours a day in 56 patients with chronic cough due to a variety of conditions.
Results showed that 88 percent (n=49) of patients improved their cough scores, and 59 percent (n=33) were able to reduce the cough.
Researchers concluded that soft chest band therapy for intractable, prolonged, and chronic cough is a safe and effective therapy.
This study was presented during CHEST 2012, the annual meeting of the American College of Chest Physicians, held October 20 – 25, in Atlanta, Georgia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!