`Diabetes can be found out through hair test first`
New Delhi: Trichologist Akshay Batra says that hair is one of the prime sources to detect many diseases.
"Hair has a significant medical content. By looking at hair, one can diagnose many diseases, which may otherwise go unnoticed, such as heart disease, diabetes, thyroid and anaemia," Batra told reporters Thursday at the launch of his book - "Hair: Everything You Ever Wanted To Know".
"Diabetes can be found out in a hair test before it can be found out in a blood test. Hair also has a social aspect. Healthy hair denotes confidence, while hair loss is associated with inferiority complex, low self-esteem, depression, loss of job and divorce or break-up in a relationship," added Batra, managing director of Dr. Batra`s Positive Health Clinic Pvt. Ltd.
Actress Jiah Khan, Bharatiya Janata Party leader Maneka Gandhi and Barry Stevens, trichologist and hair scientist and founder of the Trichological Society were also present at the launch function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO