Diabetes hits young women due to sedentary lifestyle: Study
Mumbai: Younger women in the age bracket of 30-35 years are prone to diabetes because of sedentary lifestyle and wrong eating habits, according to a study.
Population in Western India tends to eat fried food and no fruits, due to which several people are seen to be at higher risk of diabetes and obesity.
Diabetes risk levels have been observed to be high among men and women in the age bracket of 45-50 years, an Indus Health Plus report said here today.
As per the International Diabetes Federation, India is the diabetes capital of the world, with 40 million people living with diabetes. About 371 million people suffer from diabetes across the nation and half of the cases are undiagnosed.
The report released on the eve of World Diabetes Day which falls on on November 14, revealed that in Maharashtra, sugar levels were found to be high, surprisingly among youth, especially in the the age group of 25-35 years of age.
The study observed that consumption of oil, ghee, butter is high and a cholesterol rich diet increases obesity and hypertension, fuelling chances of getting diabetes.
Amol Naikawadi, Joint Managing Director, Indus Health Plus said, "Our Abnormality Report validates the rapid growth of diabetes which is not only prevalent in adults but is beginning to affect the younger generation, especially women in India. Lifestyle characterised by unhealthy nutrition, reduced physical activity and tobacco consumption has increased the risk factor of diabetes."
"If left untreated or uncontrolled, diabetes can lead to blindness, cardiovascular diseases and kidney failure. Timely and regular check-up can reduce the risk of diabetes" Naikawadi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands