Diabetes hits young women due to sedentary lifestyle: Study
Mumbai: Younger women in the age bracket of 30-35 years are prone to diabetes because of sedentary lifestyle and wrong eating habits, according to a study.
Population in Western India tends to eat fried food and no fruits, due to which several people are seen to be at higher risk of diabetes and obesity.
Diabetes risk levels have been observed to be high among men and women in the age bracket of 45-50 years, an Indus Health Plus report said here today.
As per the International Diabetes Federation, India is the diabetes capital of the world, with 40 million people living with diabetes. About 371 million people suffer from diabetes across the nation and half of the cases are undiagnosed.
The report released on the eve of World Diabetes Day which falls on on November 14, revealed that in Maharashtra, sugar levels were found to be high, surprisingly among youth, especially in the the age group of 25-35 years of age.
The study observed that consumption of oil, ghee, butter is high and a cholesterol rich diet increases obesity and hypertension, fuelling chances of getting diabetes.
Amol Naikawadi, Joint Managing Director, Indus Health Plus said, "Our Abnormality Report validates the rapid growth of diabetes which is not only prevalent in adults but is beginning to affect the younger generation, especially women in India. Lifestyle characterised by unhealthy nutrition, reduced physical activity and tobacco consumption has increased the risk factor of diabetes."
"If left untreated or uncontrolled, diabetes can lead to blindness, cardiovascular diseases and kidney failure. Timely and regular check-up can reduce the risk of diabetes" Naikawadi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi