Ebola scare: 6 Indians from Liberia isolated at Delhi airport
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
New Delhi: Six Indian nationals who arrived at Delhi airport this morning from Liberia, have been isolated and taken for further tests. The Delhi and Mumbai international airports have been put on alert as 112 Indian passengers are arriving from the Ebola-hit African nation Liberia from different flights on Tuesday.
According to airport authorities, precautionary measures have been taken to screen the Indian nationals returning from the Ebola-hit nation as soon as their flights arrive.
“As part of the tentative plan, the aircraft will be first taken to a remote bay and all passengers will be screened at the step-ladder exit after the arrival of flights at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA),” Mumbai International Airport Limited (MIAL) said.
It said that while the passengers without any symptoms will be cleared and shifted to terminal for immigration and customs clearance, those coming from Liberia with symptoms suggestive of EVD, will be directly shifted to designated hospital in ambulance from the bay.
These passengers will be flown to Mumbai by Ethiopian Airline, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Jet and South African Airways, said MIAL. However, some of these passengers will first arrive in Delhi and then come to Mumbai by domestic airlines flight.
MIAL added that the flights will be allowed to board next passengers only after thirty minutes of disinfection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends