Eight effective home remedies for Asthma
Zee Media Bureau/Ritu Singh
Asthma is the number one cause of chronic illness in kids, affecting more than 5.5 million children. Researchers and scientists across the world are engaged in discovering effective treatments for Asthma. But other than that, there are a number of home remedies you can try to ward off attacks and alleviate symptoms.
- Turmeric and honey taken separately early in the morning keeps you away from the painful bouts of asthmatic attacks.
- A tea spoon full of raw honey, ginger powder and ground black pepper is another effective way of fighting asthma.
- Adding equal measures of honey and olive oil to warm milk can help ward off asthmatic attacks.
- Having dried figs flushes out the phlegm content of the respiratory tract.
- Consuming half a glass of boiled fenugreek juice along with ginger juice is also an excellent natural remedy which serves to decongest and detoxify the lungs.
- Have dried grapes soaked in water and then in cold milk on an empty stomach in order to counter asthmatic attacks. Grapes help flush the toxic contents of human body.
- Another effective way is having herbal tea with ground ginger with a dash of lime juice.
- When having an asthma attack, massaging with with mustard oil will help clear the respiratory passages and restore normal breathing
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren