Eight effective home remedies for Asthma
Zee Media Bureau/Ritu Singh
Asthma is the number one cause of chronic illness in kids, affecting more than 5.5 million children. Researchers and scientists across the world are engaged in discovering effective treatments for Asthma. But other than that, there are a number of home remedies you can try to ward off attacks and alleviate symptoms.
- Turmeric and honey taken separately early in the morning keeps you away from the painful bouts of asthmatic attacks.
- A tea spoon full of raw honey, ginger powder and ground black pepper is another effective way of fighting asthma.
- Adding equal measures of honey and olive oil to warm milk can help ward off asthmatic attacks.
- Having dried figs flushes out the phlegm content of the respiratory tract.
- Consuming half a glass of boiled fenugreek juice along with ginger juice is also an excellent natural remedy which serves to decongest and detoxify the lungs.
- Have dried grapes soaked in water and then in cold milk on an empty stomach in order to counter asthmatic attacks. Grapes help flush the toxic contents of human body.
- Another effective way is having herbal tea with ground ginger with a dash of lime juice.
- When having an asthma attack, massaging with with mustard oil will help clear the respiratory passages and restore normal breathing
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- Heatwave toll rises to 1,826, over 1,300 dead in Andhra Pradesh