Encephalitis claims 10 more lives, toll 361 in UP
Gorakhpur: Ten more people succumbed to encephalitis, taking the death toll due to the disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 361 this year.
The deceased belonged to Deoria (4) Gorakhpur (2), Siddharthanagar (1), Kushinagar (2) and Bihar (1), health officials said today.
Additional director (Health) Diwakar Prasad said 40 people suffering from encephalitis were admitted to BRD MCH and other government hospitals yesterday.
He said 351 patients suffering from the disease are at present undergoing treatment in various government hospitals including BRD-MCH.
As many as 2,341 encephalitis patients were admitted in Government hospitals of the region this year, of which 361 died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'