Encephalitis claims 5 more lives in UP, toll rises to 225
Gorakhpur: Five children succumbed to encephalitis at the BRD Medical College Hospital here, taking the death toll in eastern Uttar Pradesh this year to 225.
Three children from Gorakhpur and two hailing from Deoria died in the hospital yesterday, Additional Director (Health) Diwakar Prasad said here today.
As many as 50 fresh patients of suspected encephalitis have been admitted to the BRD Medical College Hospital during the last 24 hours, he said.
A total of 1,321 encephalitis patients were admitted this year to various government hospitals of which 225 have died, Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step