Encephalitis claims 5 more lives in UP, toll rises to 225
Gorakhpur: Five children succumbed to encephalitis at the BRD Medical College Hospital here, taking the death toll in eastern Uttar Pradesh this year to 225.
Three children from Gorakhpur and two hailing from Deoria died in the hospital yesterday, Additional Director (Health) Diwakar Prasad said here today.
As many as 50 fresh patients of suspected encephalitis have been admitted to the BRD Medical College Hospital during the last 24 hours, he said.
A total of 1,321 encephalitis patients were admitted this year to various government hospitals of which 225 have died, Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok