Encephalitis claims six more lives, toll touches 527 in eastern UP
Gorakhpur (UP): Six more children died of encephalitis here in the past 48 hours, taking the death toll in the region this year to 527, health officials said Friday.
A total of 11 patients with encephalitis syndrome had been admitted to the BRD Medical College hospital in Gorakhpur in eastern Uttar Pradesh in the past two days and six died of the disease during the same period, they said.
With the new admissions, as many as 2,393 patients have been treated at the BRD Medical College and other hospitals in the region so far, hospital sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples